Florida State University
This project was a renovation and remodeling of the original 1929 building and 1949 expansion. Of major significance was that it was GRC’s charge to change the building from a women’s gym to a state of the art dance facility. It’s now completely occupied by the FSU Dance Department with +/- 89,200 GSF. Functions include a 400-seat performance theater, dance studios, classrooms, and offices. The building envelope received numerous repairs, masonry restoration, new windows, and new clay tile roofing. GRC provided advanced programming, design and construction documents, value engineering/GMP review and construction administration. Additional services included acoustical consulting, theater equipment consulting, ACM abatement consulting and full time site representation.